Back to Music Page
Nason P. Schooler - Music Production Tips
I am currently working on a new album! New songs can be found on my Audio Page.
How to position clips end-to-end (abut clips) in the Propellerhead Reason sequencer
Often in Reason you may want to precisely align clips to each other, that is, place a clip so that it starts exactly at the end of another clip, with snap turned off. This is necessary when dealing with a gapless CD that has been ripped as separate WAV files, for example. This is possible in Reason. Here's how:
This results in sample-accurate alignment of clips with truly gapless playback.
- In a new Reason song, import your first audio file (Ctrl+Shift+I).
- In the sequencer, click on the clip you just added to select it, and set loop to selection (Ctrl+L).
- Press the number 2 key on the numeric keypad of your computer keyboard to set the song position pointer to the Right locator.
- Import the next audio file. It will be imported at the song position pointer, which is exactly at the end of the first clip.
- Repeat this procedure until all audio files have been added.
Propellerhead Reason Keyboard Shortcuts Chart